As some of you may know, my little girl is growing up. :) I can't believe my little baby girl is 8. It amazes me everyday. As you can imagine at age 8 and in 2ND grade her little mouth is changing. I am sad to announce she has my big teeth. lol She will be starting phase I of her orthodontics. This phase I is to make room for her teeth in the future. So here is the break down.
02/20 - spacers put in and an impression taken of her top and bottoms.
02/27 - brackets on molars put on and an impression taken. brackets removed to make her palate expander's (top & bottom).
03/06 - Palate expander's (to & bottom) glued in. Here is a really good example of what is about to happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJKlDbsobkI
I will be turning her palate expander each day for 28 days. I am under the impression that the most painful day will be the day after and the second day.
Then on 04/03 - She will get braces on the top and bottom 4 teeth only. There is some confusion as to which top 4 since the bilateral teeth are not in yet. This is still in the planning process. Here is an example of this process.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjbFog3kh-s&feature=related
She and I both sat and watched this and I feel it was a great example. Her good friend Annalise is about 3 weeks ahead of her. The difference between the example and her will be the bottom expander and braces.
We are hoping to make a trip to AZ for spring break (04/04-04/12). We'll keep you up to date with Sierra's orthodontics. :)
02/20 - spacers put in and an impression taken of her top and bottoms.
02/27 - brackets on molars put on and an impression taken. brackets removed to make her palate expander's (top & bottom).
03/06 - Palate expander's (to & bottom) glued in. Here is a really good example of what is about to happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJKlDbsobkI
I will be turning her palate expander each day for 28 days. I am under the impression that the most painful day will be the day after and the second day.
Then on 04/03 - She will get braces on the top and bottom 4 teeth only. There is some confusion as to which top 4 since the bilateral teeth are not in yet. This is still in the planning process. Here is an example of this process.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjbFog3kh-s&feature=related
She and I both sat and watched this and I feel it was a great example. Her good friend Annalise is about 3 weeks ahead of her. The difference between the example and her will be the bottom expander and braces.
We are hoping to make a trip to AZ for spring break (04/04-04/12). We'll keep you up to date with Sierra's orthodontics. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment