Have you ever had a day where things were going so calmly and good? Do you reflect back and think this was a good day? I do, I love my family. I can't imagine my life without them. I can't imagine letting anything disrupt my love for my husband or my 2 beautiful girls.
Sunday 02/06 was just such a day. My hubby took the girls to the museam. They had a blast. I was able to go and see the movie New In Town. Funny I thought. Totally reminded me of me when I moved to this small town. lmao. Almost hit a dear in the process of coming home. Thankfully I didn't. :)
Then it happened. The moment when things for that day changed. I had just finished updating the blog with the photos from the museam when my hubby handed me a rather large envelope. I looked at the return address...it was from a lawyer. I thought, "Oh great, we are being sued for something." Hubby thought the same thing until he opened it. I went to put it aside to finish the day when he said I needed to look at it. So I did...
There it said it...in Bold, Italic Letters...
"Re: The Estate of Sharon M Marks, deceased..."
Holy Cow. What the...I started bawling. How could this be? I couldn't read any futher. I asked hubby what this meant. When did she die? Millions of thoughts were racing through my head. My girls didn't understand. Why is Mommy crying? I felt so bad. I went outside to calm down.
My hubby read most of the information and expained to me that she pasted away December 29th. What the .....???? No one called me? How could no one call me??? Why was I notified by the a lawyer and no one in my family? No one called me. I was fuming mad. I reallize my relationship with my biological parents was/is estranged but this was beyond my thinking. I called my Uncle to tell him and he didn't even know. I am trying to reach another Uncle to tell him and I am not sure he knows. Why wouldn't anyone call me.
I spent the remainder of the day in a fog. My hubby was so good to me. He didn't say much but held me when I needed him. He held me all night long. I didn't sleep.
Monday is a new day. I woke up with less tears and more frustration. I began calling my inlaws to let them know. I cried some. I knew I needed to blow off some steam. I called a friend of mine and talked her out of going to Yoga...so she could go with me to the bar...(That reminds me, I need to go get my car, lol). We met at the bar and had so much fun. I am sure she is tired of me saying "Did you know my Mom is dead?" But each time I said it...I felt release. I felt a little less sad...a little less mad...a little less guilty...a little less pain. I am guessing this is part of the greiving process. It still hurts. Or maybe it's the 6 shots of tequilla? lmao.
Today is a new day. It's Tuesday. My head feels a little more clear today. I have only cried once and I am dressed for the day. Please pray and send my good thoughts as I really need them.
Thanks for reading.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm very sorry to hear about mom and the way you had to find out:)
Sending hugggggs.........
Post a Comment